For a company of our size, building and maintaining relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders are both priorities and ongoing challenges. Energy issues are complex and our stakeholders represent multiple viewpoints. The discussions we undertake with our stakeholders help us understand a variety of perspectives. Regular stakeholder engagement helps us continue to improve our company and remain a responsible corporate citizen.
We interact with our stakeholders using a variety of mechanisms, including community meetings, Web and social media content, corporate publications, and one-on-one and group discussions, among others. We include examples of stakeholder engagement throughout this report. While ExxonMobil recognizes that our stakeholders may have a diverse set of interests, the following list demonstrates our different stakeholders and their typical areas of interest.
- Benefits; diversity; development
opportunities; safety, health
- Product safety and sustainability; supply chain
management; greenhouse gas emissions
- Expectations for suppliers; expanding local supply network;
- Community development; economic developments; grievance management; human rights;
- Taxes; local supplier development; job creation; impact assessments; ethics; education
- Biodiversity; water management; climate change; air quality; transparency
- Governance practices; board composition;
policy engagement; sustainability